Provide sales efforts for our full range of electrical field engineering services at new and existing facilities including acceptance and maintenance testing, electrical equipment upgrades, engineering studies and training services. These sales activities will be performed utilizing all the principles of good salesmanship, on site customer visits, phone and e-mail sales, group selling, territory and accounts management. Active participation in technical and trade associations will be expected. Responsibilities will include estimating and developing complete proposals, follow-up and securing orders consistent with field engineering services and engineering department standards and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make regular sales calls on existing accounts
- Establish contacts and develop new accounts
- Follow-up on sales leads generation
- Perform sales support consistent with overall sales goals
- Make effective one on one and group customer presentations
- Generate accurate and technically correct proposals
- Assist in marketing support
- Active participation in technical and trade associations
- Perform public relations activities to promote sales
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing plan
- Work planning. Ability to plan and prioritize work to achieve accurate and timely estimates. Successfully manage multiple projects while supporting last minute requests from customers.
- Goal oriented. Willing to do what it takes to get the job done and obtain consistent proposal conversion ratio while maintaining economic sustainability of pricing strategies.
- Earn trust and respect from customers through high quality work, positive approach to problem solving, value engineering, reliable performance by consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to identify and understand the customer requirements use a collaborative and consultative approach to closing an order.
- Detail oriented. Ensure accuracy and competitiveness of cost estimates and follow-through at every stage of the bid process.
- Maintain a positive attitude and perform well under deadlines and high work load. Provides a professional image at the office and with customers.
- Computer skills. Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, AEC proprietary software and estimating software.
- Math skills. Strong numerical and analytical skills achieving accurate and high quality estimates.
- Continuous learner. Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an ongoing basis. Proactively provide suggestions for improvement concepts.
Required Education and Experience:
- College education, BSEE a plus
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and estimating software including manipulating templates.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code. Familiarity with NFPA, IEEE and ANSI Standards such as ANSI-NETA ATS & MTS a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours when required to meet deadlines.
- Experience in commercial, industrial, utility facilities and infrastructures.
- Dependable, good judgment and project management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s license with good record.
LOCATION: Pasadena CA