The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities include working closely with the Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans to meet the Customer’s scope of work and project requirements. These scheduling plans are based on assigning labor, test equipment, material resources, timeframes, and budgets for multiple concurrent field engineering services projects. Projects include a broad range of industries such as hospitals, water treatment plants, substations, power generating facilities, food processing plants and more. The position will require organizing, record-keeping and handling information flow from the Project Manager to the field engineering services teams. The Project Coordinator will provide regular updates and follow-up on the assigned action items.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and prepare all correspondence (written and electronic) including project documentation.
- Liaise with customers to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Act on tasks from internal team to assist with schedule management.
- Assure that customer’s needs are met as projects evolve.
- Prepare project billings in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Monitor projects and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact and communicate project status with Project Manager.
- Use AEC management tools to monitor contracted scope of work budget estimates, working hours, plans, and expenditures.
- Assigned field service employees, transportation, test equipment, material based on scope of work for each project.
- Break projects into doable actions and timeframes.
- Ensure that AEC performance standards and requirements are met.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two-year degree in Engineering, Construction management, or related field.
- Electrical construction experience preferred (not required).
- Speed and accuracy in work while maintaining focus under pressure.
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Takes initiative, displays a strong work ethic, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance provided for employee by AEC
- Option to participate in matching 401(k) plan
- Sick Days
- Vacation Days
- Observed Holidays
Location: Pasadena, California