As part of our fast growing full service company, the successful candidate will:
- Manage the AEC Engineering Business unit which includes day-to-day activities and long term grown of the department
- Manage weekly Engineering Meeting which covers project priorities, technical challenges and schedule
- Provide internal engineering support such as but not limited to: internal employees technical training and mentoring; external customers technical training; AEC technical procedures development; technology assessment; quality assurance and quality control; assist in new business development; review code and standards and disseminate updates to the AEC team
- Mentor other Electrical Engineers and Field Technicians
- Perform Engineering studies such as but not limited to: short circuit analysis; protective device coordination; Arc Flash analysis; load flow; harmonic analysis; power quality analysis
- Perform field surveys to gather electrical equipment information and their existing condition necessary to the engineering studies. AEC will provide training and all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Perform electrical design as needed
- Work on special projects as required
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and ANSI industry standards, such as OSHA, IEEE, NETA, and NFPA will be expected as needed
- Write engineering and/or technical reports. This comprehensive report will discuss results, observations and clearly itemize faulty equipment, if any
- Assist, as requested, with job walks and proposals
- Answer daily correspondences/emails from customer and/or AEC team members
- Employee shall be or become active with professional engineering societies such as the local IEEE Industry Application Society and Power Engineering Society. Cost of membership and event participation expenses (local dinner meetings, etc.) will be reimbursed by AEC (prior authorization required)
Required professional and personal skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Fifteen years’ experience in Power System engineering analysis
- Must be familiar with low voltage and medium voltage power system, including safety practices and design. (Commercial and industrial).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and able to write technical reports.
- Occasional flexible hours including availability on weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Membership and active participation with professional organizations a plus
- Ability to design electrical distribution system(s).
- Willingness to perform and/or assist on a limited basis in field testing services for low and medium voltage equipment
- Self-motivated individual with highly developed organizational skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good judgment and highly dependable
Location: Pasadena, CA
AEC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with a keen interest are invited to forward their resume with salary history and earliest starting date by email to HR@aec-us.com.