Perform electrical power equipment field testing and visual inspection of 1,000 volt class up to 15KV electrical power systems. All projects are performed on job sites. Operate a broad range of portable electrical test equipment. Position requires limited supervision. Electronic technician applicants will not be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform electrical power equipment field testing on low and medium voltage switchgears, circuit breakers, instrument transformers, protective relays, ATS’s, motor control centers, dry type and oil filled transformers, grounding systems etc. Field testing is performed per NETA and ANSI standards. Field experience with testing electrical power substations and large electrical distribution systems.
The candidate shall have good aptitude for troubleshooting and problem evaluation in the field.
Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards such as OSHA, IEEE and NFPA is a plus.
Ability to write technical reports detailing field work performed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- NETA Certified Technician level III or higher
- 5 years minimum experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV
- Flexible hours including availability with highly developed organizational skills
- A people-oriented team player
- Good judgement and highly dependable
- Strong customer focus
- Computer literate
- Two-year college degree, BSEE or equivalent military experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for the employee provided by AEC
- Option to participate into a matching 401 K plan