- Respond to Customers’ bid requests including internal request from AEC.
- Research online bid opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret electrical blueprints, specifications and addendums.
- Clarify electrical testing scope of work as needed with Customer estimators, project managers, and Engineer of Record.
- Obtain pricing from vendors for equipment repairs, parts and AEC engineering department quotes for Power System Studies.
- Prepare computer-based estimates by calculating the complete takeoff of the scope of work.
- Generate proposal reports, project bid statuses, and POs received.
- Generate final bid proposal.
- Participate in bid strategy meetings as requested.
- Maintain files of working documents.
- Prepare draft proposal for AEC Sales Engineer review.
- Facilitate contract hand off to AEC Project Engineer including job assumptions, special conditions, etc.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- High school diploma (or GED) and two years or equivalent college electrical technical degree.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license with good records.
- Work planning: Ability to plan and prioritize work to achieve accurate and timely estimates. Successfully manage multiple estimating projects while supporting last minute requests from Customers and Sales Engineers.
- Goal oriented: Willing to do what it takes to get the job done and obtain consistent proposal-to-conversion ratio while maintaining economic sustainability of pricing strategies.
- Relationships: Earn trust and respect from Customers through high quality work, positive approach to problem solving, reliable performance by consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to identify and understand the Customer’s requirements and use a collaborative and consultative approach to closing an order.
- Detail oriented: Ensure accuracy and competitiveness of cost estimates and follow through at every stage of the bid process.
- Professionalism: Maintain a positive attitude and perform well under deadlines and high workload.
- Computer skills: Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, AEC proprietary software and estimating software.
- Math skills: Strong numerical and analytical skills achieving accurate and high-quality estimates.
- Continuous learner: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an ongoing basis. Proactively provide suggestions for improvement concepts.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance provided for employee by AEC
- Option to participate in matching 401(k) plan
- Sick Days
- Vacation Days
- Observed Holidays
Location: Pasadena, California
Salary range: $55,000 – $70,000 USD per year