- Gather technical data and field information on electrical power distribution systems to effectively document and analyze industrial and manufacturing facilities.
- Model electrical distribution system into SKM or ETAP software.
- Perform engineering studies using the latest engineering software (SKM or ETAP), such as but no limited to:
- Short Circuit Analysis
- Protective Device Coordination
- Arc Flash Analysis
- Load Flow
- Harmonic Analysis
- Power Quality Analysis
- Perform field surveys to gather electrical equipment information and their existing condition necessary to the engineering studies. AEC will provide training and all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Generate comprehensive computerized technical reports summarizing our finding and recommendations. This comprehensive report will discuss results, observations and clearly itemize faulty equipment, if any. Report may also include system reliability considerations, plant grounding, surge protection evaluation, utility bill analysis, specific recommendations for improvement of overall safety, reliability of power system plus detailed plans for action item improvements as well as plans for future expansions, consolidation of services, equipment relocation, etc.
- Assist, as requested, with job walks and proposals.
- Answer daily correspondences/emails from customer and/or AEC team members.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA, IEEE, and NFPA will be expected as needed.
- Employee shall become active with professional engineering societies such as the local IEEE Industry Application Society and Power Engineering Society. Cost of membership and event participation expenses (local dinner meetings, etc.) will be reimbursed by AEC (prior authorization required).
- Work on special projects as required.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum five years experience in Power System engineering analysis and SKM software.
- Must be familiar with low voltage and medium voltage power system, including safety practices and design. (Commercial and industrial).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and able to write technical reports.
- Occasional flexible hours including availability on weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Membership and active participation with professional organizations a plus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for employee provided by AEC
- Option to participate in matching 401K plan
- Generous Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Bonuses at end of year depending on performance
San Diego, California